[WriteLog] FINAL Update - DXTelnet/WriteLog Networking

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FINAL Update - DXTelnet/WriteLog Networking
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:51:25 -0500
I used the ANARTS RTTY contest this past weekend to finish
beta testing Fabrizio's (IK4VYX) latest UDPSEND.EXE program
used to send DXTelnet packet spots to WriteLog and to send
spots generated by WriteLog back to DXTelnet over a network.
I was using the latest version of DXTelnet (4.7) and the latest
version of WriteLog (10.17F) under Windows 95 on 2 PC's.

I am very happy to say that the test was a big success.

I've sent the file to those that have earlier requested it.  The TXT
file that exists with the current latest version 4.7 of DXTelnet will
get you started (C:\DXTELNET\UDPSEND\UDPSEND.TXT).
With these instructions you should be able to send spots from
DXTelnet to WriteLog but may not be able to send spots from
WriteLog to DXTelnet.

However, there are some minor changes that need to be made
that are not mentioned in the TXT file.  When I have the time, I will
post an instruction sheet on getting it all running or I may ask Dick,
N1RCT, to post it on his web site.

If you requested the file earlier and I did not send it to you, or if you
want it now, let me know with a reply to this post and I will E-mail
it to you.  It's only 18k.

It was great to get it all working.  To see only RTTY spots and to see
them on both computers and to generate spots back out to the cluster
system from both computers.  I'm going to test it on 3 computers
when I get another monitor, but I have no doubts that it will work up
to 254 PC's (or more) on a LAN.  So there should be no problem with
even the largest of contest stations running multiple PC's on a LAN.

73, Don AA5AU