[WriteLog] Problem with 2 radio and Sound Blaster

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with 2 radio and Sound Blaster
From: angelo.zambaiti@galactica.it (IK2RZP Gino Zambaiti)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:07:14 -0000
Dear friends,
after using WL for 1 year with 1 radio and FSK+PSK configuration only, I
decided to upgrade to 2 radios and SSB too.
My audio board is a Sound Blaster 16 PRO. If I plug the audio cables from
rtxs (1 IC-775dsp&1 IC-765) into the "MIC" input of my board, everything
works perfectly in SSB but if I switch to RTTY I have only 1 rx signal on
both FSK windows ( but tx is ok on 2 radios). If I plug the same cables to
"LINE IN" input, it works perfectly 2 radios in RTTY FSK but in SSB AFSK the
output audio is plenty of whistles and echoes and the VOX put the rtx in
transmission even without my voice or Sound Blaster .wav files. It seems
like a strange audio loop was made.
I take the audio from ACC1 plug in Icom rear panels and I send audio from SB
to mic audio input of mic plug in front panels.
For sure it's an easy problem for you but I didn't find a solution.

IK2RZP  IO2A   Angelo Gino Zambaiti

P.S. I connected cables without isolation trasformers and now I know exactly
what does "hum" mean in English. I immediately bought a couple of them!!!!