[WriteLog] All Asian DX CW Contest rule changes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] All Asian DX CW Contest rule changes
From: af5z@inetport.com (Bob Helms)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:45:06 -0500
I don't know how widely this was publicized but considering
the contest starts TOMORROW, I thought I would forward it.
73,
Bob Helms, AF5Z
af5z@inetport.com

-       -       -

Dear Sirs/Madams,

Do you know the great rule changes in the upcoming All Asian DX contest ?
That will be held this weekend, June 17-18.
We, JARL Contest Committee show you the abstract of them. Further
information can be checked in JARL web site, which URL is;
http://www.jarl.or.jp/English/4_Library/A-4-3_Contests/2000/All_Asia.htm

We introduce the main changes but please check JARL's web site also
to understand the complete rules. If you have any question, please send
an E-mail to JARL Contest Committee; contest@jarl.or.jp

*** The main changes are as follows;

<For non-Asian stations>
1. Multi-Operator Single Transmitter category is now available.
   "10 minutes limitation" is applied in changing the bands.

2. Please exchange "RS(T) + your age" as Contest Number. For example,
   if you are 20 years old, the contest number you exchange is 59920.
   If you don't want to mention your age, "00" can be used both men and
   women stations. For example, "59900."

3. There is no categories regarding output power for non-Asian
   participants.

4. QSO points are modified as follows;
   <Band>      <w/Asian stns>  <w/non-Asian stns>
   160m               3             0
   80m/10m            2             0
   40m/20m/15m        1             0

   Note: Point for 10m is 2. (it was 1 point before)

5. We accept E-mail submission. For details, please refer to:
   http://www.jarl.com/contest/english/aaelog.htm

6. Some award policies are changed. If you want to know, check JARL web
   page.

<For Asian stations>
1. You can contact all of the world wide except your own entity.
   This means that Asian-Asian QSO is valid.
   Never run CT ver9.50 or earlier in AADX Asian mode. If you run in
   that mode, you cannot enter any Asian stations in your log.

2. All single operators are classified by output power.
   "Low Power" means 100W output or less. "High Power" means output power
   exceeding 100W(or unlimited).

3. Multi-Operator Single Transmitter category is now available.
   "10 minutes limitation" is applied to in changing the bands.

4. Please exchange "RS(T) + your age" as Contest Number. For example,
   if you are 20 years old, the contest number you exchange is 59920.
   If you don't want to mention your age, "00" can be used both men and
   women stations. For example, "59900."

5. QSO points are modified as follows;
   <Band>      <w/Asian stns>  <w/non-Asian stns>
   160m               3             9
   80m/10m            2             6
   40m/20m/15m        1             3

   Note: Point for 10m is 2 (it was 1 point before), and points for
         Asian-Asian QSOs are now defined.

6. We accept E-mail submission. For details, please refer to:
   http://www.jarl.com/contest/english/aaelog.htm

7. Some award policies are changed. If you want to know, check JARL web
   page.

                                (JARL Contest Committee  2000/June/15)

Operation Section
JARL

The Japan Amateur Radio League,Inc. (JARL)
mailto:oper@jarl.or.jp