[WriteLog] Continual recording - how to in WL?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Continual recording - how to in WL?
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:15:59 EDT
Hi WL Gang,

I want to set up to record the IARU contest as I work it, but I can't quite
figure out how to set it up in WL.  The WL documentation leaves me guessing.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1.)  Feed audio into my laptop from the Line Out jack in my DSP599 to the Mic
input on the laptop.

2.)  In WL Ports Setup, I select DVK Type as Windows Sound Board

3.)  In Tools, Sound Board Options, I select "Continuously record audio to
file".

>From there, I am lost.  I see in the documentation that the recorded *.wav
files are written to C:\ham\AudioRecord directory.  However, this directory
was not set up during WL installation.  Should I create this directory?

Ok, I create the directory, but then what?  How will WL know to use this
directory?

Is there something I must do to activate the Mic input on the laptop and set
the audio level?  Is there something I must do to activate the recording?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

73, George, K5KG