[WriteLog] PTT-Circuit and Soundcard AFSK

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT-Circuit and Soundcard AFSK
From: Karl-Heinz Kuehlborn" <dl2fag@t-online.de (Karl-Heinz Kuehlborn)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:10:12 +0200
Hello,

I am just trying to use the soundcard of a notebook with Writelog. The TRX
is a TS50S which do not has a VOX. So I need to build up a ptt-circuit.
Have  done it with an Optocoupler. Now I am trying to connect it on the
notebook.
The questions are  now:

        1. Can I use the com-port ;if yes, can I use the RTS/DTR-lines ?
How will be the setting in writelog. The CW-PTT-setup menue just shows RIG
           COMMANDING on COMM......

        2. Can I use the LPT port (Pin 16) and which will be the setting
in writelog.

Maybe somebody on the reflector has already done some experiences with
this and give me some hints

73 de Karl-Heinz, DL2FAG

Karl-Heinz Kuehlborn

- DL2FAG -