[WriteLog] AA5AU 2000 NAQP RTTY Score

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AA5AU 2000 NAQP RTTY Score
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 01:16:09 -0500
Grrrrrr....  Oh yeah!  A darn good dog fight in the dog days of summer 2000.

Propagation gone to the dogs?  Yeah, but who cares?  Survival of the fittest dog
I say.  Nearly 100 QSO's and 27 mults less than last year, but I'm satisfied I
gave
my dog gone best effort.  Sure, I should have spent less time trying to get
people
to move to 10 but who knew you guys up north in Dog's country would be totally
wiped out on 28 mhz (or the rest of the high bands for what matters)?

I want to thank all those good dogs that moved from band to band for me,
especially the Delta DX Dogs W5FKX, K1DW, W5UP and K5KR.. thanks to all!

It kind of reminded of me of this year's WPX RTTY contest, only worse.  Everyone
was in the same dog house with propagation.

Fellow "Big Dogs" team members Bruce "Thunder Dog" WT4I and Ty "Bad Dog"
K3MM were spreading their scent all over the bands.  I wish you other dogs had
half their signal!

In all seriousness, I want to thank everyone for working me and for taking part
in what has to be the worst desperation of all times to operate a contest.
Let's hope
we never see this again (invariably we will).  Every entrant deserves a dog
bone!

Station Call:  AA5AU
Name:  Don
QTH:  LA
Team:  Big Dogs

Band  QSO  Mults
80        52     26
40       110    40
20       176    45
15        78     34
10         9       4
Total   425   149

Claimed Score:  63,325

Station:  Dogwood TS870 and Dogcraft A3S and an 80m dogwire.  DogRatt PK232 &
some darn good Dogstar band filters!  And of course DogWrite software by W5XD.

73, Don "Swamp Dog" AA5AU