[WriteLog] v1018a installation

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] v1018a installation
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:18:08 -0500
Like several others, I got the infamous "MSVCP50.DLL Missing" error when
trying to run Writelog 1018a after unzipping and running setup.  Trying
to go "back", I unzipped my 1017f file and ran setup again.  Guess what?
I STILL got the error.  Fortunately I mirror drive 1 on drive 2 - I just
replaced my "ham" folder on C: with that on D:, and I'm back to having a
functional copy of 1017f.

However, I've lost the "solution" posted by someone who knew where to
find the missing file!  It isn't on my WIN98 upgrade CD.  Apparently
v10.17f doesn't need this file...

Why are some of us having this problem and others are not??  THANKS
I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on disk somewhere!
WA9ALS - John
     rig:  MARK-V FT-1000MP http://www.yaesu.com/markv.html
   email:  jfleming@shelbynet.net
homepage:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als (now with Shack Cam!)