[WriteLog] WinRTTY, Rigblaster, 1000MP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WinRTTY, Rigblaster, 1000MP
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 18 Aug 2000 06:34:37 -0700
One thing you said "I have to use SSB mode, and I am attempting to use 500hz
 filters."  One of the problem with using LSB is that the 500HZ filter may not
be in the center of the bandpass.  When using LSB and my 400HZ filter with the
TS-850S I have to shift the bandpass until the tones are center in the CW
filter.  This is one reason for going to FSK if your rig has it.

The only shortcoming of the RigBlaster is the absent of FSK keying.  But it was
designed for PSK31 which uses AFSK.

Joe K0BX

On Fri, 18 August 2000, "Ron Kenwood" wrote:

> Anyone using this combination successfully? I am having problems tuning RTTY
> signals. Never get a clean pattern on the ellipses. PTT works, transmit
> works. Other programs, Digipan, TrueTTY, SSTV work fine so the connections
> are right. Audio level seems okay for those programs as well. When using the
> RigBlaster, I have to use SSB mode, and I am attempting to use 500hz
> filters. Any help would be appreciated. I was hoping to give the PK-232 a
> rest over the weekend.
>
> 73, Ron
> W3ZV
>

> --

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html