[WriteLog] Assistance needed

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Assistance needed
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 25 Aug 2000 18:40:17 -0700
Good Idea, but dont think it will work.  Do the following and see if it helps.
If WriteLog will
not communicate with your PK-232, it may be necessary to do the
editing described below.
Using NotePad edit C:\Windows\writelog.ini  as follows:
In the file, go to the section labeled [Ports].
Look at the line for the Com port you intend to use.  It will
look like this:
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,x
Check to be sure all parameters are correct, then Delete the
final x (but not
the comma).  It should look like this:
COM1:=9600,n,8,1,
Click on File, Save.  Then open WriteLog; this should allow
your PK-232 to communicate with WriteLog.

There are other hinks about the PK-232 and Writelog on my webpage
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Joe K0BX

On Fri, 25 August 2000, "Titus, Lin" wrote:

> I am a very new (one week) user of Writelog.
>
> I have most of the basic things working including packet spots but am having
> difficult getting the connection to my PK 232 MBX working.
>
> Currently I use Logic5 software and a Pentium III as follows...
>
>     COM 1   to MFJ TU for packet cluster info
>     COM 2   controls ICOM 756 PRO
>     COM 3   to PK 232 for RTTY
>     LPT 1   printer
>     LPT 2   CW
>
> This setup works fine.
>
> I now have purchased Writelog for contest activities and want to use the
> same COM ports as for the Logic5 program so I can change back and forth
> between programs. I know that I can only have one program running at a time.
>
> Therefore, I have programmed the WriteLog COMM ports as follows...
>
>     COM 1 works fine with the MFJ TU
>     COM 2 works fine with the ICOM 756 PRO
>
>     However, I can't get any response from the PK 232 using COM 3.
>
> Here is what I have done so far...
>
>     opened up the WriteLog.ini file in the Windows system directory and
> changed the parameters for COM 3 to 1200,e,7,1,x which is what     Logic5 uses
> with the PK 232
>
>     selected COM 3 on the RTTY window
>
>     selected the PK 232 option on the TU menu. This brings up an
> 'Initialization' screen which goes away after a few seconds
>
> I get absolutely no response from the PK 232 - ie no 'power on' message, etc
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong or
> overlooking?
>
> Lin  VE9FX
>

> --

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html