[WriteLog] PK 232 Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PK 232 Question
From: lintitus@nbnet.nb.ca (Titus, Lin)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:50:45 -0300
As I understand the way Writelog works, it places the PK 232 Terminal Unit
into a "HOST" mode of operation prior to sending/receiving rtty through the
PK 232.

Does anyone know to turn off the HOST mode prior to exiting Writelog so the
PK 232 can be used by PC PakRATT or some of the other software programs such
as Logic5

I asked TIMEWAVE if they had any ideas as to how to do it and they said
their own programs (ie PC PakRATT for Windows, etc) use a command  called
"HOST mode on exit" OFF or "Terminal mode on exit". I tried these but they
don't work for me.

I can reset the PK 232 by disconnecting the internal battery and waiting a
couple of minutes before reconnecting it but that then means all the
settings such as MYCALL, baud rate, etc must be put in again - ie not a very
convenient solution.

Lin  VE9FX