[WriteLog] Rig Blaster Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig Blaster Question
From: sherrick@ameritech.net (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:54:33 -0000
Hi Stan,

Most likely what you're missing is that RIGblaster needs to be in VOX, not
AUTO on the switch in front of the box. That enables the SSB stuff there.
Then you follow the Help steps where you do a Shift-Fx where 'x' is the
function key to program to begin recording and hit Escape when finished.

One other item, for PSK and RTTY (I haven't checked CW), you need to
identify the Port for the RIGblaster in RTTYwrite. At the tool bar on top of
the RTTYwrite program (not the WriteLog program, but the program that comes
up with the RTTY window...), go to Ports and select the com port for the
RIGblaster. Since everything is coming from the sound card, it's logical to
not have a com port associated with the sound card. Nope, need the com port
for the RIGblaster assigned.

Hope this helps. I still have some hum on my mike input which I need to take
care of before it's all OK.

CU...Scot, K9JY

mailto:scot@k9jy.com
www.k9jy.com

Just got my Rig Blaster and have a question:  How do I use it to record the
contest exchange information from the microphone that is on the radio as
compared to using the computer's mike which sounds different?

73 Stan, W3INK