[WriteLog] Re: Tuning Upgrade for FT1000D

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Tuning Upgrade for FT1000D
From: W6FFH@aol.com (W6FFH@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 02:14:47 EDT
Thanks Bruce (WT4I) for the website address for tuning
upgrade. I hope N3ND also saw it.
I assume it's the same as the blurb I saw in QST, July 1994
issue by International Radio and Computer as it was called
then. The price then was $46.95 + $6.00 s&h. So the price
hasn't changed that much at $54.95. I sure couldn't swing for
one for the main and another for the sub RX. Since I only use
the sub for split, I think I can live without one there.
I do like the automatic speed shift when you turn the knob
faster. I notice they also make one for some Kenwood models
too.

Even though it's pricey, it sure would help fine tune the digital
modes as well as SSB. Unless we hear of something else, I'll
probably take a big swallow and go for it.

73 es tnx,
Don  W6FFH
e-mail w6ffh@aol.com