[WriteLog] WAE RTTY Contest & QTC Reports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WAE RTTY Contest & QTC Reports
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 07:56:00 -0500
> OK, I give!  What exactly is being sought with the QTC reports in the WAE
> contest.  I know QTC means 'how many message have you sent' so I'm
guessing
> the reports passes along how many stations have I contacted during the
> contest.  Is this generated automatically and what are the scoring
criteria?

> Tom Webb, WA9AFM/5

The easiest way to approach answering your question is one-on-one and by
reading the contest rules and Writelog help files.  Basically, if someone
solicits QTCs, you will want to send him certain information regarding up to
10 of your previous QSOs, with certain limitations.  They do add to the
score, as defined in the rules.  It's a lot of fun, and Writelog makes it as
painless as it could be!  Writelog keeps track of what you have eligible to
send, and it's as easy as point-and-click and they all will be sent.  The
only time it gets a little dicey is when you're working a weak station
that's not solid print and one of you needs to ask for several repeats.
Again however, Writelog makes this process easy.

I'm at work now, but if you still have questions after reading the rules of
the contest and Writelog HELP, I'd be glad to help later tonight.  It's a
fun contest!  73