[WriteLog] DXP38

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DXP38
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:46:59 -0500
I just wired my DXP38 for use with my 1000MP - It had been on another radio
before.  I'm using it with Writelog in FSK mode.

It's fine in keyboard mode (ALT-K), and it's fine sending any individual
buffer (F-key).

However, when I try to auto-CQ, there's a problem.  The first one goes out
OK, as expected.  When it's time for the next one to go out, there seem to
be 4 idles before the buiffer goes out, and there's a brief but perceptible
glitch where the DXP winks to Rx and back to Tx.  The wink to Rx and back is
something I and others have seen before, not always at the beginning of a
buffer.

I've never seen the 4-idles before a buffer goes out thing in auto-cq
before.  Any ideas about this?  Tnx!
(It doesn't have anything to do with the auto-cq time being too short - I
tried it with at least 10 sec of silence between the CQ's.)