[WriteLog] A couple of questions about the country file

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] A couple of questions about the country file
From: k7zo@micron.net (K7ZO (Scott Tuthill))
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:56:05 -0600
Am getting ready for CQWW and have downloaded and processed the
latest WLCTY.DAT file. In doing so I came up with these two questions.

1. Is there a way to update the country file in mid-contest without
   leaving WL, editing the DAT file, converting it, and then going
   back into WL? CT let you do it by using an "=" in the callsign
   field equating the callsign in question to a country prefix.

2. In researching this question in the help files I came across a
   vague reference to the mysterious "C" field in the Exchange Format.
   I know this topic has come up before, but what in the world does
   this field do. The help files indicate that it aids in selecting
   between countries where the callsign is ambiguous. Can someone give
   an example?

Thanks.

Scott/K7ZO