[WriteLog] Spot Filtering (Was: Band Summary)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Spot Filtering (Was: Band Summary)
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:40:37 -0500
Barry et al,

The only way I know of that it can be easily and successfully is by using
DXTelnet.  DXTelnet has an easy way to setup frequency filters.  DXTelnet
works excellently with WriteLog.

I use it in every RTTY contest that I'm allowed to and filter out almost all
CW and SSB spots by configuring DXTelnet to only receive spots within
the RTTY sub-bands.

Sure, it's another program you have to buy.  But it's the best Telnet program
out there for packetclusters.  You can use it everyday, not just for contests.

Just search Yahoo or any other search engine for DXTelnet and you'll find
it on the Internet.

Don Hill, AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/