[WriteLog] Pse agn DXP38 problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Pse agn DXP38 problem
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:10:02 -0500
No replies 1st time - I'll rephrase and try agn:

Using my DXP38 in FSK mode with WL v10.19F, I observe the following:

1.  When, and ONLY when, I invoke AUTO-CQ with ALT-T, the 2nd and all
subsequent transmissions go like this:  Begin with 4 or 5 sync idles,
then switch to Rx and back to Tx in a flash, then buffer contents go
out.  The FIRST transmission with AUTO-CQ invoked goes out fine, as
expected.

2.  If I sit and hit the F-key over and over agn manually, they act
fine.  ONLY in AUTO-CQ do the buffers (any buffer) start with the sync
idles, then switch to Rx and back to Tx, then send out the contents.

Any ideas??  Is there anything in the ini file that would affect AUTO-CQ
specifically?  Is there anything related to the DXP specifically?  I
don't see anything related in my ini file, but maybe I don't have some
pertinent lines...?

I have the latest firmware from HAL - the new one that allows invocation
of 12 DB gain using the DXPWIN program and allows that gain setting to
be sticky.  I don't think it's a new firmware "bug" because it ONLY
happens with WL AUTO-CQ.

I have the DXP on standard COM 2 at 9600-n-8-1.  Flow control settings
in Windows have no effect.  It receives fine and transmits fine except
for auto-cq.

I would GREATLY appreciate any solution!  Tnx - 73

WA9ALS - John
   email:  jfleming@shelbynet.net
homepage:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als
 logbook:  http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/search.htm