[WriteLog] Spot Filtering better

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Spot Filtering better
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 26 Oct 2000 06:11:43 -0700
FWIW, I have found that all the spots for rtty contests show up on the bandmap.
 The bandmap does an excellent job of filtering the spots to the freq I am
working.

I do keep the telnet window open to see all spots.  There are spots on other
modes that are needed.  Worked the VK0MM during the CQWW RTTY contest, saw the
spot and when to phone to work him.

Now before you send me e-mail on my comments, I know a RTTY spots only would be
helpful and I understand the reasons, sometimes we hams tend to "Narrow our
focus" a bit too much when it come to what can and should be done in software.

Joe K0BX

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html