[WriteLog] 11/03/2000 K9JY WriteLog Web Updates

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 11/03/2000 K9JY WriteLog Web Updates
From: sherrick@ameritech.net (Scot Herrick)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 05:56:35 -0000
All,

Had a chance to work a bit on the K9JY WriteLog web site (www.k9jy.com).
Here are the updates:

- Substantially updated the SSB Sound Card recording sections in both
'WriteLog Windows|Automated Messaging' and 'Operating a Contest|SSB
Contest.' This is primarily due to the great documentation volunteered to me
by K1VV and the Yankee Clipper Contest Club, for which I am very grateful.
K1VV and his team did a bunch of work to get the wave files to work right -
and sound right - in WriteLog and we can all benefit from that work. I have
modified the documentation to better match my format on the web site, but
this was great work by K1VV and crowd.

- Many of the windows have 'Summary' sections starting at the top so people
can more easily see what is in the section. I took all of the longer
sections, bookmarked the sections, and then added hyperlinks to the bookmark
on the page. It should make it easier for you to move to particular sections
within a window.

- Corrected the time piece with WriteLog interacting with Windows. I had it
incorrect in the web site (it won't be the last mistake either!).

- Updated links for ARRL 10 and 160 meter contests as well as Stew Perry
contest in 'WriteLog Links.' I'm still missing about three links - any help
is really appreciated. I'm also starting to collect links that make sense
for WriteLog; one suggested a Cabrillo link which makes good sense and I
have saved a few others from the reflector. More to come on this.

- Still looking for screen shots from users. I have two in there, one
pending, but would love to see more. Check out the couple at 'WriteLog
Windows|Screen Shots.'
------------------
I'm going to finish the Post-Contest section. Then I'm going to shift focus
to the 'Multi-Op Contesting' section. This is due to the fact that I
volunteered to get WriteLog working great at the K4JA M/S station for CQ WW
CW. Since I have affectionately been called the 'documentation guy,' I'm
feeling a bit of pressure to make sure it all works out OK...

Enjoy. It's been fun doing this.

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site www.k9jy.com