[WriteLog] Re: Kenwood Service - Rig is repaired!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Kenwood Service - Rig is repaired!
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 20:25:19 -0600
I want to thank everyone again who responded to this message back
in September.  Of the 3 Kenwood service centers (East, West & Avvid)
I chose Avvid.

I received the radio back today and I have been testing it this evening.  It
seems to be almost the same as when I sent it in. The only difference is that
I think the receiver is a little more sensitive.  It was the TX/RX module that
needed to be replaced.

Cliff Holland at Avvid was very good.  He kept me informed of what was
going on and kept faxing me updates to send to the insurance company.

Now I am going to send him my Icom IC-751A that was damaged in the same
strike.  While talking to Cliff on the phone, I mentioned that I had a 2nd '751A
that had an intermittent problem.  Before I could tell him what the problem was,
he already knew what it was and what he would have to do to fix it and what
the cost would be.  WOW...

So if he can repair the damaged '751A and spruce up the other one with the
intermittent problem, I will have 5 good HF radios (2-870's, 2-751A's and an
FT-757GX/II).  The Yaesu does not do FSK, so that gives me 4 good RTTY
radios.  Hmmmm.....

Right now I have dual TS-870's in position and ready to go for WAE this weekend.
I have to work and won't be able to do a full effort, but I can't wait to give
this
setup a whirl.

I highly recommend Avvid for your Kenwood repairs.  I'll let you know how he
does with the Icoms when I get them back.

73, Don AA5AU