[WriteLog] 4N35 vs. 4N33 appears to work

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 4N35 vs. 4N33 appears to work
From: w1nr@eecorp.com (Mike McCarthy, W1NR)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:34:38 -0500
I have just finished bread boarding a keying circuit using a 4N35 in place
of the 4N33.  Works just fine keying up the TS-850S CW off of the COMM port.
I needed to change the series resistor to the LED side from 560 to 2.2K ohms
to prevent Win2K from blue screening on shutdown.  Seems that there is too
much current being drawn through the port with only a 560 ohm resistor.  It
also worked well on a Belkin USB serial adapter, however, when the system
initializes the USB bus, I get key down until I start WriteLog.  Now to try
PTT and FSK!

73 de Mike, W1NR