[WriteLog] CW SS Cabrillo file problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW SS Cabrillo file problems
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:13:26 -0600
I just put my CW Sweepstakes file into WT4I's Cabrillo file checker
to check for bad QSO's.  It showed me 3.  They are:

VE1GN in MR
VY1JA in YT
VY2SS in MR

All the information for the QSO's look correct.  I have a feeling it's got
something to do with the section.

VY2SS gave me PEI for his section.  I guess that's wrong?  I changed
it to MR, then to MAR and it still shows as a bad QSO in Cabrillo Tools.
I changed it back to PEI since that's what he sent to me.

VE1GN was logged as MAR.  I changed it to MR but still shows as a bad QSO.
I changed it back to MAR.

VY1JA was logged as YT.

WriteLog showed I had 820 valid QSO's and 80 mults.   Cabrillo Tools shows
I have 817 valid QSO's (this would be correct IF the 3 above were bad), but
it's also showing me with only 74 multipliers.

I'm going through both the Cabrillo Tools log and my WriteLog log each
checking each multiplier.

What's broke?  I'm assuming Cabrillo Tools is broke, but I'd really like to know
if MAR is correct for VE1GN, YT is correct for VY1JA and PEI is correct for
VY2SS.  Afterall, that's what they sent to me and WriteLog accepted all three
sections without giving me a ? in the M(ult) column.

This was my first ever sweep in a Sweepstakes contest and want to make
sure my log is right when I send it to the ARRL.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Don AA5AU

Don Hill, AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/