[WriteLog] FWD: Feature idea [out-of-band notification]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FWD: Feature idea [out-of-band notification]
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:12:09 -0500
> Operation: WriteLog would use a file that describes band segments
permitted for
> each license class in a country.

Rather than Wayne adding more programming to WL, seems to me that the
easiest way to handle out of band spots is just to use DX Telnet, which is
already compatible with Writelog (and DX4WIN) and allows extensive filtering
options.  With DX Telnet, you can easily set the band limits you want, and
even "listen" to multiple clusters, Internet and RF, all at the same time
with no duplicates or out of band spots, and the spots will appear both in a
window and in the WL bandmap.  I don't see how you can beat that.  DX Telnet
can also be exporting the spots to DX4WIN at the SAME TIME if you like!

If interested, just search on DX Telnet, and you'll find it - demo
available - no affiliation!  73