[WriteLog] WAE RULE CHANGES!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WAE RULE CHANGES!
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:16:22 -0600
There have been a couple of rule changes in WAE this year.  The main
rule change is the 10 minute rule for all stations, single and multi-operator.

"The minimum time of operation on a band is 10 minutes. A quick band change in
order to work a new multiplier is allowed."

Multi-radio stations beware - you can only hunt multipliers on your 2nd radio
this year.  After reading the rules a couple of times, I am under the impression
that you can't pass QTC traffic on the "other" band  you are working multipliers
on.  To be on the safe side, I won't pass QTC's on the multiplier radio.

Official rules can be found at http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/xedcwr.htm

I have to work this weekend but I'll be in there whenever possible with QTC's
to give or take.  Remember, you can receive or send QTC's with anyone outside
your own continent in the RTTY section of WAE as long as the sum of sent and
received QTC's does not exceed 10.

73,
Don Hill, AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/