[WriteLog] DVK - Oldbie Question(s) Kinda - DVK et al.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DVK - Oldbie Question(s) Kinda - DVK et al.
From: kg9x@prodigy.net (Fred S.)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:38:13 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: <PTSMANTUA@aol.com>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 9:31 PM

> Hi,
>
> Have been a WL user for a while, but never got real far with the DVK
portion.
> With all the recent posts, decided to re-invent the wheel, and got it all
> hooked up, I think.
>
> WL will record a message per the help files from the mic connected to the
> soundcard, via Sh-F2, and then replay and key the rig (KWTS440), playing
the
> message. Kinda cool. Have a lot of background noise from the cheapo
computer
> headset mic, but it worked.
>
> 2 issues /questions.
> To change the message on the fly, I can do a sh-F2 and re-record, but the
rig
> also keys and transmits, (undesired). Looking for a workaround.

KG9X- I can't help here other than maybe go into cw mode on rig?
    Don't forget you also have F3 thru F11 keys to record messages on also.

> When I am not playing a canned message, or recording, how do I configure
WL
> to key the PTT, so I can play "live voice".

KG9X- You need to enable the echo mic from TOOLS/Soundboard Options/Echo
Microphone

> I can put the foot switch back on, but seems like some kinda VOX should be
> keyable from with WL. If not, I'll work the weedends contest the old
> fashioned way, stepping on the footswitch.
>
> Also, VOX doesn't seem to work when audio is feed through the ACC2 jack.
ANy
> TS440 users doing it differently?

KG9X- Using FT1000MP here.

> Also, does anyone know of a good site for getting the circuit details for
> hooking up non computer microphones to the soundcard?
>
> Would like to hook the mic usually found on the front of the radio, into
the
> soundcard with an adapter . Anyone doin this??

KG9X- I'm using a Electro Voice 664 ( Yes I'm an old timer ) and use a 1/4
to 1/8  adaptor from RS.  Didn't want to mess up the Yaesu MD-100 mic and
couldn't find an adaptor for it.