[WriteLog] SS Serial Numbers

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SS Serial Numbers
From: ronl@toto.csustan.edu (Ron Lodewyck)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:21:54 -0000
I believe the messed up serial numbers will NOT affect your score either
with regard to WriteLog or the ARRL.  Just do NOT try to correct the serial
numbers after the contest.  As far as I can determine WriteLog correctly
counts the actual number of valid QSO's.  As far as ARRL is concerned, so
long as the serial number you sent is what the receiving station reports,
you will be fine.

I ran into the serial number problem only when I used a "practice" version
of  a saved file and deleted all of the QSO's to begin the "real" contest
log.   The skipped/duplicated serial numbers then occur at the last QSO
number deleted  (I THINK).

Good luck & 73,
Ron N6EE
( aka KR6RF in SS )