[WriteLog] New boy with a Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New boy with a Problem
From: nn5t@attglobal.net (Jon Suehiro)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 06:15:42 -0000

If the KAM command is identical with KAM '98 (I believe so), then in order
to put KAM back from hanging HOST mode -

   " S00 HOST MODE" to indicate you are in host mode

   press and hold [ALT], then type "192"

   type "q (small Q)"

   press and hold [ALT], then type "192"

----------

This should do it.   If doesn't, then you can hard-reset by internal jumper
wire (see the manual, the pin should ground the back up line to ground),
this should bring all settings back to default.

----------

With WL, I have tried to use KAM '98 as TNC for long enough, then I gave up.

I decided to follow the typical WL user.   The receive audio line was
already there for PSK31.   In order to do FSK, you need to make simple RS232
to rig FSK interface.   With a single transistor, it was simple enough (see
the various different sites for interface).

As the test drive of WL's RTTY window (particularly on "View Wide Band
Decode" on), it is performing always equal to better than KAM '98.   The
result was same with comparison of TONO THETA 5000E old RTTY terminal.   Now
I am not worrying about setting up WL with KAM any more, hi.

----------

If you still want to do RTTY non-contest mode operation (operating RTTY
without WL contest mode), I strongly recommend MMTTY by JE1HHT (free).   The
connection between the radio and sound card is identical with WL, just close
WL and start up MMTTY - this is pretty good casual RTTY software.

73 nn5t@arrl.net

[WriteLog] New boy with a Problem

  _____

*       To: writelog@contesting.com <mailto:writelog@contesting.com>
*       Subject: [WriteLog] New boy with a Problem
*       From: G3KWK@aol.com <mailto:G3KWK@aol.com>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
*       Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:58:58 EST

  _____

Hello,

I am new to this logging system and in the trauma of changing programs
again.

I am trying to set up version 10.19 to use a KAM Tnc. The KAM is old,
DABB3095-6.1 but works happily with a couple of other programs.

When I go over to the RTTY Window I get the message:

Rttyrite failed to put |KAM in Host Mode.  Please turn the KAM power off,
then back on.

I do as requested but it fails to cure the problem.

Can someone advise me where I am going wrong or what I need to do to solve
the problem.

Please reply directly to me to save cluttering the reflector

73

Roger
G3KWK

--