[WriteLog] Incorrect Serial Numbers in Sweepstakes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Incorrect Serial Numbers in Sweepstakes
From: joens@thecia.net (Michael Joens)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 23:01:02 -0500
As I reported last week and some others confirmed, Writelog issued some
duplicate serial numbers and skipped others.

I checked with the contest branch at ARRL regarding the duplicated and
missing serial numbers. I was told not to "correct" the serial numbers in
the Cabrillo file, but rather to leave them the way Writelog issued and
saved them.

Dan (N1ND) was traveling, so I spoke with Kathy (didn't write down her
call, so of course I forgot it). I left a printout of my log with her and
let her know that there will be several logs that have this type of error.
So, I'm ready to submit my log as-is now.

I hope this helps all those who are affected by this problem.

Michael, K1JE

P.S.: The problem is not limited to Sweepstakes. I noticed that in CQWW CW
some serial numbers were recorded wrong. Of course in CQWW that doesn't
matter because they aren't part of the exchange.