[WriteLog] Thank goodness for ADIF

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Thank goodness for ADIF
From: kg0us@swbell.net (kg0us@swbell.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:17:06 -0600
Joe,

I had the exact same problem.  On Thursday, I setup my CQWW CW log for myself
and saved it.  I thought I then saved the log under a different name for my
daughter Rebecca to use during her time slots during the weekend.  I noticed
that when she was operating that the zone number was not showing up.  I then
realized that the zone was not even on
the title.  We found this out after she had already made over 50 contacts.  I
then saved a backup of her log in a different location and then also created a
ADIF file because it appeared that Writelog would only import a ADIF file.  I
then made a new log file with the CQWW CW template and imported the ADIF file.
We then had to edit the log to
place the zone numbers in for all 50 plus contacts because it did not make it
into the ADIF file.  It took some time and was very stressful as the contest
was going on while I was attempting the repair.  I still do not know what
happened because I thought I saved her original  log using the log I setup for
myself.  My log worked without any
problems.  Anyway, that is water under the bridge now.

73,
Dave KG0US