[WriteLog] Setup & PTT

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Setup & PTT
From: n1hko@arrl.net (N1HKO - Bill Fleming)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:36:01 -0500
Thanks to all who replied. It never occurred to me to look in INI
settings for Com Ports...

Has anyone got WL to recognize any com ports beyond 8? No
matter what I put in the INI file, anything greater than 8 gets
rewritten to 8 on all the menus and lists. Example:

CommSlot4=9

Slot 4 will display as Com8. The resulting line(s) written to the INI
file are all Com8. Is this a hard coded limitation? If so, can it be
changed?

> > Oh. This a new install for me. Just beginning to setup and test. I
> > read the writelog10doc.zip version prior to getting started. I have
> > found no reference to any such configurations. Since the Dialog labels
> > are "Com1...", I took them literally. Port1 would be more intuitive...
> > Anyway, I have also checked the help file - it hasn't helped.
> >
> > The WriteLog.ini file has seven (7) com ports in the [PORTS]
> > section. But, there is no clear indication of how to assign radios and
> > other hardware to the ports. Could it be
> >
> > Comm2Used=CW,POLL,19 ?
> >
> > In playing further, I have observed that the rotor list under SETUP
> > PORTS shows com1 - com8. Still missing Com 9 & 10. I am finding this
> > very confusing... Com1 - Com4 in setup. Com1 - Com8 for Rotors. Com1 -
> > Com7 in the INI file.
> >
> > I need more help?

Bill Fleming
Amateur Radio Station(s) - N1HKO, 8P9AM, PJ2/N1HKO, P4/N1HKO
ARES District Emergency Coordiantor - American Red Cross Liaison
RACES Radio Officer
Manchester, New Hampshire

P O Box 5973
Manchester, NH 03108-5973