[WriteLog] Re: SO2R Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: SO2R Questions
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 19:46:14 -0000
You might be able to avoid the cost of bandpass filters.

I have successfully used quarter wave stubs to reduce the cross-talk
on 20m and 40m in my station. My 40m rotatable dipole is about 6"
below my 4 el tribander. Without the stubs, I could not put high
power on either band without overloading the receiver on the other.
Stubs are cheap to experiment with. I had some laying around so
had nothing to lose by trying them out. One each for 20m and 40m
works great--but I have to remember to remove the 20m stub from the
tribander feed to use it on 15m or 10m.

By the way, I only had an overload problem with a full gallon.
I can do SO2R on those antennas at 100W without the stubs.

Wayne, W5XD