[WriteLog] Soundcard Mixers

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard Mixers
From: gaskoub@mhtc.net (George Skoubis)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:57:30 -0600
Hi,
  I recall someone posting a question about soundcards allowing two input
sources to be mixed but I don't recall his name.
  If my memory serves me right he was trying to click more than one
recording control in the Windows Volume control and windows treats this like
a VB option box only allowing you to select one at a time.
  I have a Turtle Beach Montego II and I wanted to listen to a CD tonight
while I was doing some VB programming (for school, it's a required course).
When I put it in the Turtle Beach Mixer came up along with the CD player and
I noticed I could have more than one input selected at a time.
  That's when it hit me, Go to Volume Control, select the Options menu, then
Recording, make sure the box for stereo mixer balance is checked, click OK,
choose the Stereo Mixer select Option window.  Next open the sound card
mixer program, choose the inputs that you need mixed and you're done.
  To test this I opened Windows Sound Recorder, turned on the CD (American
Pie by Don McLean) and sang along, when I played the recording back Don and
I were singing a duet (well he was singing, I was warbling along!).  The
point is it should work for any of the inputs.
  Hope this helps whoever it was that had posted the original message.
  I have an extra Aureal (Turtle Beach) Soundcard sitting on the shelf here
so if you want to contact me I'll let you try it out...

73,
George / KF9YR