[WriteLog] Byterunner multi-port Serial cards?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Byterunner multi-port Serial cards?
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:14:30 -0600
Couldn't find anything in the archives (they're not very searchable either...)

Wondering if anyone is successfully using one of the ByteRunner multi-port
serial cards - I see that WA9ALS had trouble with one about 18 months ago
but can't find any other reference to them.

Looking to add more ports (I need about 4 more) and can't afford to spend
much on them.

Also, what's the latest verdict on the USB-to-Serial adapters? Seems like a
cheap way to add an almost unlimited number of ports - if the only issue is
the problem with 5-bit codes for some TNCs, I can live with that.

Any info appreciated - please reply direct and I'll summarize to the reflector.

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com