[WriteLog] FT-1000MP and Writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FT-1000MP and Writelog
From: k5iid@hiperline.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 15:32:41 -0500
OK...Here's the problem...
I have used this setup before and it worked...BUT now it doesn't.
When sending a message with Writelog my MP keys but there is no RF output.
I am using a Soundblaster 16 sound card. I am coming out of the line output
of the
soundcard to the PKT input of the radio on the back. Receive works fine,
and as I
say when I try to send a message the radio keys (the transmit lite comes
on) but there
is no RF out.
If I push the RTTY button on the radio then I get RF out albeit a solid
tone...but it is RF nonetheless.
So it would seem that the packet input to the radio is working somewhat.
What have I done that is stupid?
Thanks for any advice and or help.
73, Tom K5iid