[WriteLog] rtty questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] rtty questions
From: JDY18@aol.com (JDY18@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 09:59:39 EST
I managed to get WriteLog figured out enough to work some qso's in the RTTY
roundup. It works pretty well for strong, clear signals - not so well for
weaker or qrm'd signals. Logic would strongly suggest that a soundcard is not
going to work as well as a dedicated TU. However, since I didn't even know
about the ability to copy rtty when I bought the program, I consider it a
bonus nonetheless.

One problem - using the souncard, and direct hookups between the computer and
rig (patch in and audio out), I find that it takes 1-2 seconds for the vox to
drop and the rig start receiving after transmission is done. I have the vox
delay on the Yaesu FT990 set to minimum. By the time I start receiving, the
other station has already sent my call most times. Any ideas what might be
causing this?

thanks,
Jay W2KD