[WriteLog] PSK mode in the contest problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PSK mode in the contest problem
From: w9ol@billnjudy.com (Bill)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:18:15 -0600
I worked a few PSK contacts and I would have worked a lot more but for a
problem I had.
Tuning was so difficult and I was obviously doing something wrong.
Using a soundcard and Yaesu FT1000MP.
I could see all sorts of blips on the tuning window, but only when I was
way off frequency. As I would approach the operating frequency the blips
would diminish until I could no longer see anything.
>From there I had to just tune until print appeared.
If I used anything but the 2.4K filters the blips disappeared.
If I tried to use sharper filters the blips diminished and disappeared.

Only the STRONGEST stations would have blips that I was able to tune to.

The frequency was set to 1000 and it didn't matter if I used AFC or Net.
I know that AFC is for cqing and NET is for S&P according to the manual.

I might ad that I DO NOT have a problem using the tuning window with
either RTTY or CW.

"The whole is the sum of its parts, plus one or more bugs

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com   FireBrick@telocity.com   w9ol@telocity.com