[WriteLog] Sound Card Demodulation questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound Card Demodulation questions
From: k5zd@ma.ultranet.com (Randy Thompson, K5ZD)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:12:13 -0000
There is a reason that WL prints into the RTTY window the way that it does.

If it always printed at the bottom of the screen and pushed text up, then
when you wanted to click on a call or report, you would have to chase it up
the screen.  This is how some of the other RTTY programs work.

Since WL keeps the text in one place and moves where it is printing, things
stay where you can click on them.

There is the obvious trade off of trying to find the cursor (I noticed that
problem a few times myself this weekend) but it is better than what would be
the alternative.  Perhaps there could be a better way to indicate where the
new text is coming in, but I can't think of what it would be.

Randy, K5ZD

snip