[WriteLog] Sound card problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound card problems
From: n9qqk@urbancom.net (n9qqk@urbancom.net)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:18:47 -0600
Writelog 10.22C
Windows 98se
Sony VAIO F270
Yaesu FT-990

Yesterday, I attempted to set up Writelog for 2 radio RTTY. Not
being totally successful, I tried to re-setup my single radio RTTY
setup. I now see the following problems:

1) When I open the "RTTY window", I get the "Can't open sound
   board for receive" message.

2) When I connect the audio from the radio into the computer mic
    input, the signal from the radio is being output through the
    computer's speakers.

3) Attempts to increase the master volume control near loudest
    results in feedback coming thru the speakers.  Never saw this
    before.

Any ideas on what settings I might have screwed up?

As I receive the reflector digest (not individual msgs), please reply
to me directly as well as to the reflector.

Thanks,

Ron - N9QQK