[WriteLog] CW interfacing

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW interfacing
From: Paul Beringer" <w7eai@arrl.net (Paul Beringer)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 06:27:24 -0800
I use com 3 for keyboard cw and I verified that I'm using the DTR line. I
double checked the cable and 9 pin connector and verified that the ground
wire is on pin 5 and the keying line is on pin 4. I know it works because I
use Sergei Podstrigailo's (UA9OSV)  "CW Type" program. However, I can't seem
to get WL to send cw. I went into port setup and checked com 3 for cw and
also unchecked the PTT for all modes. I also chose I chose PC to generate
CW. After entering the callsign, I push F10 and all that happens is that the
transmitter keys up but no morse is sent. The transmitter then unkeys after
a moment. What STUPID mistake am I making? This has gotta work for the arrl
dx contest in feb.
Thanks
Paul Beringer
W7EAI