[WriteLog] RTTY v PACKET

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY v PACKET
From: edlyn@california.com (Eddie Schneider)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:23:20 -0800
WPX contesters, this message came through via the WPX robot and I am
passing it on as per the originator's request. Please respond
politely to Bruce direct,  KB6LWN@qsl.net, if you feel the need.

Eddie, W6/G0AZT.

Quote:
Please....  Do  you suppose you might keep the RTTY contesting to
above
28.110 MHz
so you don't SCREW UP the Packet links that frequent the lower
portion
of the 10m band
from 28.100 to 28.110 MHz ???

Today is the first chance I've had, with good conditions, at my
location
to make packet
connections on 10m, and there was SO many RTTY stations falling all
over
each other
and just generally making that segment of the band USELESS for DX
Packet
connections
that I lost out on the chance....

PLEASE!  Make it known to your contestors that there is a gentlemans
agreement in
effect (has been for quite some time now) that RTTY comms would stay
above 28.110 MHz
and leave the segment just below that for PACKET stations to
operate.

Since RTTY is SO much closer to being CW than packet is, that leaves
LOTS of space
above 28.110 MHz up to whatever agreement you have with the CW
community, to operate
your stations in.

We all need to get along and cooperate, but if today is any
reflection
of that,
then we are in BIG TROUBLE!  There was very little cooperation,
virtually NO
consideration, and even less chance of getting a packet signal
through
today.
And I can only suspect that unless YOU (and other contesting
organizations)
don't take a hand in this, it will be even WORSE tomorrow.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you will take it to heart.

73 - Bruce LeGrande / kb6lwn
Unquote.