[WriteLog] PK232 Hangs up in TX

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PK232 Hangs up in TX
From: n3nznoel@bellatlantic.net (Noel Zeibari)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:35:21 -0500

Hi All,

I use the PK 232 MBX in RTTY mode in AFSK with no problem. I decided to
use it in FSK mode since every body mentions its superiority! Made the
shielded cables,  pin # 5 PTT goes to pin # 13 on my TS 450 S/AT, pin #
1 FSK to pin # 2 radio FSK and pin #2 GND to pin #s 4,8,12 radio GND.

I am using The PK 232 with PK -Term 99. Called CQ few times and when I
press the R button it just stays in TX mode, hit the escape button ,
control C nothing happening, had to shut off and then on the transmitter
and finally some one came back and told me also, that the signal was
inverted! Never had this problem in AFSK. Should I solder the PTT to # 9
pin of the ACC PLUG? Would appreciate your help.

73, Noel (OM) N3NZ