[WriteLog] WRITElog under WINDOWS 2000 SP1

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WRITElog under WINDOWS 2000 SP1
From: w1nr@eecorp.com (Mike McCarthy, W1NR)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 00:05:29 -0500
It depends on what you mean by fully exercise!  I used WL 10.23F
this past weekend on an IBM Thinkpad running W2K SP1 for the CW test.
Have COM1 (internal port) to CW key and PTT (and FSK).  2 Belkin USB
serial ports to a Kenwood 850S and an MFJ TNC for packet.  Did 600 Q's
with no problems whatsoever.  I have used various versions since 10.19
at KV1W multi-multi since last fall under W2K.  It actually works
very nicely on W2K.  Only thing to understand if you are switching
over from 95/98 is that parallel port CW keying can't be done!
The COM ports and opto-isolators are a must.

Mike, W1NR