[WriteLog] Setting Up/Using Audio Recording

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Setting Up/Using Audio Recording
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:57:39 -0500
Hi Eric,

Just a note that I used the audio recording feature during ARRL CW quite
successfully with a P266MMX 128MB RAM.  I would say my computer is about the
minimum horsepower one should use, since I did notice slight delays in
response to the keyboard at times, but nothing too objectionable.  I was
also running a couple of DXTelnet sessions which adds another occasional
load on the CPU.

Afterwards, I've been having fun editing the big WAV files with CoolEdit.
However, I've really run up against horsepower limitation in this demanding
application.  I've since decided to upgrade to a 1GHZ Athlon.

By the way, I'd appreciate any tips on whether I should use USB ports or a
multi-serial PCI card in the new PC to provide a healthy number of rig
control/keying/TNC ports.

GL/Tnx/73,

Barry  N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg