[WriteLog] Fw: Multi-Two, Separate Logs & Cabrillo

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fw: Multi-Two, Separate Logs & Cabrillo
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:58:01 -0600
Hi Marty, et.al,

I also was at K4JA's for the contest. We have the four radios networked
together correctly in that we assign the letters for each PC as well as the
network name. In the WriteLog log window we also see the netw abbreviation
and the correct letter for the radio making the QSO. I don't remember seeing
an 'r' for which radio was used as there was a one-to-one relationship
between between the transmitter and the network (no SO2R-type operation)
which would correctly identify which radio made the contact.

So, the first issue is getting the correct transmitter to show in the
Cabrillo file in that it appears WriteLog assumes M/2 as having only two
radios. Being back in Chicago, we're checking back in VA on whether the 'log
which radio makes the contact' was actually checked and seeing how we can
get at least the network ID into the Cabrillo file. That will be miracle
one.

The second miracle is still trying to match up to the rules in that we don't
have two transmitters on site, we have four of which only two were on the
air at any given time. We were very careful to match band changes to
particular transmitters to make sure we followed the band change rules, for
example. So to provide a 'radio 1, radio 2' type of log for the Cabrillo
file when using four transmitters is not obvious to us (and if it's not
obvious to me, then it's really hard ;>)...)

The question you asked of the contest committee assumed that you only had
two radios in the contest and WL would correctly show 'Radio 1, Radio 0' but
did not address the situation with more than two radios doing the same
category. So your good question still has us a bit stumped as to how to
proceed (but know that we are building Excel spreadsheets to address getting
the log formatted right).

Any insights here? Any other M/2 stations out there using more than 2 radios
in the contest? Is this an enhancement opportunity? It might also apply to
M/M operations where there is more than one radio per band where one is
running and the other is looking for multipliers on that same band with
amplifier interlocks to prevent more than one signal at a time (to be
competitive in the M/M category, this set up is almost a necessity).....

Thanks for your continued research. We're still looking for answers on this
one so we know what to be doing this weekend!

CU...Scot, K9JY

See the complete WriteLog user guide at http://www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com