[WriteLog] Soundcard troubleshooting

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard troubleshooting
From: epearson@otcwireless.com (Eric Pearson)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:14:30 -0800
I go through this drill a lot.  Two more areas to check:

   1. Check your mode.  Writelog won't send the wave file
      if it thinks you are doing CW or FSK.

   2. Check the settings under Tools/Sound board options.
      If you "Enable Recording Loop" without "Pause recording
      during SSB Wave Xmit" and your sound card doesn't support
      full duplex then the sound board voice keyer will break and
      won't work again until you exit WriteLog and restart it.

Also check the audio format of your wave files.  If you used something
other than WriteLog to record them they may be in the wrong format.
(should be: PCM, 11,025 Hz, 16 Bit, Mono)

Good luck,
Eric - K6EP