[WriteLog] "Hot Key" for Rotator? and other questions.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] "Hot Key" for Rotator? and other questions.
From: nm1w@mediaone.net (Jim McHale)
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 21:12:38 -0500
At 07:53 PM 3/3/2001, Brian Wruble wrote:
>Question 1: Is there a key stroke combination that will tell the rotator to
>go to the correct azimuth?  Right now, it seems I have to go to the "Radio"
>menu and click on "Antenna to this Azimuth".  It seems like there should be
>a Function key or a key combo that would avoid going to the menu.  I can't
>find anything in the help files.  Am I missing it?
>
>(BTW:  The rotator is a 2800 and, like another who posted here, I also think
>it's a real bad idea to force the speed to 9.  I'd like my rotator to last a
>long time :'>)

I pointed that out and Wayne is looking at changing it. I suggested the cmd
sequence for the 2800 be:
<direction>

so it issues a stop cmd first in case its currently rotating..

Also I'd like to see some sort of key mapping for:
rotate to short path (eg: ALT-R)
rotate to long path (shift-alt-R)
tell rotator to stop (ctrl-shift-alt-R)

or at least menu items so one can use a macro pkg and map the menu items to
keys as desirable;
-jim
NM1W