[WriteLog] WL soundboard channel problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL soundboard channel problem
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 01:43:02 -0500
I've used WL for RTTY/PSK with one radio for a while and now I'm setting it
up for two radios. No matter what I do, WL always selects audio input from
the Left channel of the soundboard's line input. It does this whether the
Left or Right entry window is selected.

The soundboard checker gives my soundboard a 7f, the highest rating. I think
all the hardware is setup correctly and all obvious parameters in WL are set
correctly (the TU-Type is set to "Stereo Board AFSK".) I connected the
line-level audio output from each rig to one of the two channels on the
stereo line input connector. If I display the Windows Record Control, I can
see that the soundboard is receiving audio from each rig on the correct
channel (if I push the balance slider either to the Left or Right, the level
meter tracks the corresonding rig.) Therefore, I have to conclude that the
soundboard is working properly. But WL always selects the Left channel and
never selects the Right channel.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a magic .ini parameter I need to
set?

73, Dick WC1M