[WriteLog] RTTY Sprint

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RTTY Sprint
From: epearson@otcwireless.com (Eric Pearson)
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 13:15:53 -0800
At 07:12 3/9/01 , Anthony Brooks wrote:
>Here is my question, which template do you use for the sprint?

WriteLog does not have a module for the NCJ RTTY Sprint but there are
two modules that can be modified to do the logging, the "North American
Sprint" or the "Internet Sprint".  In either case you will need to use
"Bands/setup bands" and clear the existing band definitions and add
80m, 40m and 20m FSK bands.  And at the end of the contest you need
to calculate your score manually.

I prefer to use the "North American Sprint" because it will fill in
the name and state from previous QSO data, it counts the multipliers
and it can create a Cabrillo file.  The "Internet Sprint" module won't
do any of these.

The "Internet Sprint" module has the one advantage of not indicating a
dupe if there has been 3 or more QSO's since the last contact with
the caller.  But I find it just as easy to visually scan the last 3
log entries to see if the dupe is OK or if I have to push the
"SRI DON - TOO SOON" function key.

73,
Eric- K6EP