[WriteLog] writelog & packet

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] writelog & packet
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (ww)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:29:56 +0100
Writelog does not use the HOST Mode, any WA8DED TNC dont run. You need
to put a TAPR eprom in the TNC to get writelog communicate with the TNC.
Another solution is, to use DX-TELNET, as link to Writelog.

On DX-TELNET you can use any kind of TNC, with TAPR, ore host ore kiss,
ore what ever you like (if you have a TNC why you use TFPCX??)
Over the link to writelog you get all the packet stuff on your Packet
window. So may be this help..

I asked a year ago to the Writelog programmers, to add the WA8DED
feature
to Writelog, but like always no answer..sri..
Anyway the TAPR-TNC are not populare here in this hemisphere and most of
the people using Host mode TNCs ore some kind of PCFLEX drivers.
May be that is not known there.

73 Wil