[WriteLog] WriteLog computer interfaces

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog computer interfaces
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:53:24 -0600
Don't punt just yet ... it's a whole new learning
curve for sure, but it gets easier with some time
in the chair working WITH it ...

Need a few more clues to help ... so here we go ...

> Problem 1 -- Can't talk to the TNC.  Period.  Other
> logging programs (CT and HyperLog) work just fine,
> so I know the com port and the TNC are problem free.

What is the TNC ? Some require change to the *.INI file,
my KAM+ here did for sure ... baud rate must match.

Were the other programs running within Windows too ?

> Problem 2 -- I can run CW on COM1, or the radio on COM4
> (but not both).  CT handles this just fine, so I know
> the hardware is good.  In WriteLog, when I setup either
> port without setting up the other, it will operate
> just fine -- ie, I can set up the radio on COM4 and
> it works fine, or I can set up CW on COM1 and it works
> fine, but if I try to run both, the program freezes
> when I click "OK" in the setup window.

Where you running CT from within Windows ? Most
folks use "pure" DOS for CT/NA/TR ... Check for
issues as to the COMM ports via your

Start>Control Panel>System Properties>Device Manager

steps to see if there are any conflicts for a start ...

Hope this helps ... there many ops are here that are
WAY better with WL than I ... so there's advice to be had.

73 Billy AA4NU